Sunday, December 28, 2008

Better options at SP.

After some excessive research (on youtube) I could see a possibility of the Dodgers plunging into the international market. While it can be argued that Ned has hamstringed the farm by not spending any money at all on international players, whoever is scouting the japanese market is clearly doing a great job. To say we need more of it is an understatement.

Takashi Saito and Hiroki Kuroda could possibly get some company with either Kenshin Kawakami or Koji Uerehara. I like both pitchers. Both have decent K rates and go deep into the season. Both supposedly have similar traits to Kuroda as "big game pitchers". If we could sign either of them (or both... unlikely) for a similar contract to Kuroda I'd be happy with it. Considering our optoins are now limited to :

Pedro Martinez
Eric Milton
Oliver Perez
Ben Sheets
Randy Wolf
Andy Pettitte

I'd rather take the international route as well.

1 comment:

Dusto_Magnifico said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we sign Pettitte. I don't know why it has taken this long. If he is healthy, and it really shouldn't be a concern, then he is worth the 10- 12 million he wants.