I thought we got rid of Grady Little this past offseason for the obvious reasons.
1. Batting Juan Pierre in the two hole nearly every day. If he's going to be in the lineup there is no reason to have him batting 2nd and not first or eigth. But, like expressed many times here before, Juan Pierre just shouldn't be playing period. Especially at the expence of quality at bats from Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp. Conclusion: NO JUAN PIERRE!
2. The Lineup. Last years linup was about as consistent as something that really isn't consistent. (I fail to find something obviously inconsistent other than the Dodgers lineup... do the work yourself) Other than Furcaal batting leadoff and Kemp batting third, who else has a spot in the lineup where they have batted there more than just a handfull of games? Kent in the cleanup spot? And he should likely be batting 5th or 6th.
3. Torre and Grady are notoriously bad at using the pitching staff wisely. No surprise there.
4. When do we consider bringing up the young talent? Andy Laroche? Hello? The kid is on fire in AAA and no doubt Dewitt should be starting at third but maybe there is a situation where Laroche can play 2nd or short while Kent and Furcal "rest". This is a continuous problem that the Dodgers have had for a few years now. Calling up the youth to give them an actual shot at showing what they can prove. This is a Ned Colletti snafu.
5. Where is Clayton Kershaw? (see #4)
6. I hate Bill Plaschke!
In Conclusion Joe Torre has proven so far that he is going to shuffle the lineup until he feels confortable with what they are doing. I'd rather the team and players start to feel confortable with what is going on , but Joe... as long as you are confortable, that's all that matters. Tonights lineup: